17 out of my 24 (approx. 71%) Oscar predictions were right… too bad I didn’t enter any Oscar pools, in the past I usually entered and won the Oscar pools at the building I live in… but I don’t think they had one this year.
1. Best Supporting Actor – George Clooney
2. Best Achievement in Visual Effects – King Kong
3. Best Animated Feature – Wallace & Gromit
4. Best Achievement in Costume Design – Memoirs of a Geisha
5. Best Achievement in Makeup – Chronicles of Narnia
6. Best Supporting Actress – Rachel Weisz
7. Best Documentary Feature – Mach of the Penguins
8. Best Original Score – Brokeback Mountain
9. Best Achievement in Sound – KING KONG
10. Best Achievement in Sound Editing – KING KONG
11. Best Foreign Language Film – TSOTSI, South Africa
12. PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN is the BEST ACTOR
13. BEST ACTRESS – Reese Witherspoon for WALK THE LINE
14. Best Screenplay, Adapted – BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
15. BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY – Crash
16. BEST DIRECT0R – ANG LEE =)
“…for the greatness of love itself.”
17. BEST PICTURE – CRASH
Here’s what I got wrong:
1. Best Short Film, Animated – I guessed ONE MAN BAND, the winner was THE MOON AND THE SON
2. Best Documentary, Short Subject – I guessed GOD SLEEPS IN RWANDA, and the winner was A NOTE OF TRIUMPH
3. Best Achievement in Art Direction – I guessed KING KONG (which got robbed!), and the winner was MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA
4. I didn’t bother trying to predict the BEST SHORT FILM, LIVE ACTION (I shouldn’t have tried predicting any of the short subjects actually, Roger Ebert didn’t, I should have followed his lead), and the winner here was SIX SHOOTER.
5. Best Original Song – I guessed DOLLY PARTON’s TRAVELLIN’ THRU; and IT’S HARD OUT THERE FOR A PIMP by John Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard won.
6. Best Editing – I predicted CINDERALL MAN, and CRASH won.
7. BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY – I predicted A NEW WORLD would win, and MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA stole it.
And I had no idea that CHRIS PENN died last year. We lost so much talent last year.
Until next year,