Comment to this and I will assign you a letter of the alphabet. Then go to your journal and post a list of 10 words that begin with this letter and what they mean to you.
I was tagged with the letter X, the twenty-fourth letter of the alphabet. I took this experiment one step further by finding fifteen words instead of ten.
And no, I’m not trying to show off ;P
1) X – Marks the spot (noun).
2) X – Roman Numeral 10 (noun).
3) x – an unknown quantity (noun).
4) X-Men – a team of mutant superheroes whose adventures, concerns and explorations highlight both the high and low points of human behaviour (noun).
5) Xanadu – thank-you Coleridge for your thoughts of an idyllic, exotic or luxurious place (noun).
6) Xavier – a Spanish Jesuit missionary (biographical name).
7) Xe / Xenon – a heavy colourless gaseous element (noun).
8) Xenocrates – a Greek philosopher (biographical name).
9) xenophobia – a fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners (noun).
10) xenotropic – replicating or reproducing only in cells other than those of the host species (adjective).
11) Xerox / xerox – photocopy (transitive verb).
12) Xiang – a Chinese river (geographical name).
13) Xmas – a horrible looking and sounding abbreviation of Christmas… etymology: X (the symbol for Christ, from the Greek letter chi (X), initial of Christos, Christ) + mas (in Christmas), (noun).
14) X-rated – explicit sexual material, activity, dreams or naughty thoughts (adjective).
15) X-ray vision – one of Superman’s greatest powers based on the X-ray which allows us to look at our broken bones (noun).
Bonus points if you use three in a sentence (the funnier the better).
“As water flows down the Ziang, I’ve found that X-ray vision can be used by people to fulfill their X-Rated fantasies which have no place at the Xmas dinner table.”